Opening Wednesday November 15th at 9 AM
We already shared the opening day announcement for November 15th, now we are just dialing it in with a few more details.
First, Whole Foods Union Station is officially opening their doors at 9 AM on Wednesday November 15th and they have a number of events planned to celebrate the opening.
The person we spoke with on the phone said YES, the Holiday Table will be set up on opening day to help with your holiday shopping requests (Turkeys, Hams, Roast Beef… whatever your heart desires).
To find out what specials are check out the Whole Foods Union Station Local Sales Page here. You can also subscribe to their newsletter and get in store sales updates here.
OPENING DAY EVENTS
GETTING TO THE STORE
Customers can access the store through a variety of convenient transportation options, including the RTD Union Station light rail and bus stops, located one block from the store entrance. The store includes a 165-space covered parking garage and free validated parking for customers, plus reserved spots for ride-share drivers, including Uber, Lyft, and taxi services. The garage entry is accessible from 17th and Wewatta.
INSIDE THE STORE
The Whole Foods Union Station store will be home to delicious Colorado-based food vendors, including:
- A standalone, full-service “Friends of Whole Foods Market” venue. Created by the founders of Park Burger, birdcall will serve southern-inspired fried chicken sandwiches, salads, milkshakes, breakfast biscuits, beer and wine with over 20 local beers on tap. The birdcall outpost marks the first time a Colorado Whole Foods Market location has sold beer or wine inside the store.
- Tel Aviv Street Food
- From the people who behind Etai’s Bakery Cafe and Izzio Bakery, comes Tel Aviv Street Food. Tel Aviv Street Food is the store’s second “Friends of Whole Foods Market” venue. TLV Street Food is a return to the bakery’s roots and will focus on Israeli-style pita sandwiches inspired by the cuisines of Israel. Popular dishes like Cauliflower with Labneh and Green Harissa are delivered in pitas, and the TLV Shawarma and Green Falafel pita sandwich offers a fresh, modern take on traditional recipes.
- Allegro Coffee Roasters
- Award-winning Thornton-based coffee roasters will have an expanded artisanal coffee offerings like those found at their Tennyson Street location.
- Award-winning chefs Alex Seidel, Matt Vawter, Keegan Gerhard and Lisa Bailey of Mercantile and D-Bar will continue to grow their partnership with the retailer by expanding their successful Füdmill pastry line to include a variety of new croissants. The chefs have also created eight exclusive new focaccia offerings available only at the Union Station location.
- Tower of Cheese
- Customers visiting the store will also find a hundred-pound tower of cheese with selections hand-cut to order by American Cheese Society’s Certified Cheese Professionals on staff.
- Pachu Soap Company Boutique
- In the Body Care department, customers will find a national test market boutique from Pacha Soap Company—a mission-driven body care company. Pacha is nationally celebrated for its beautifully scented soaps, bath salts and bath bombs and has donated over 1.2MM bars of soap, drilled clean water wells serving 2,600 people, provided hand washing education to 75,000 children, and created 235 full-time jobs since its founding.
- Game Day Essentials
- Located in close proximity to Denver’s baseball, basketball and football stadiums, sports fans visiting the store will find a wide variety of game day offerings including local grass-fed beef from Crystal River Ranch, and made-in-house duck, pork and beef sausages for tailgate grilling.
- The store will be home to 75 Amazon lockers where customers can elect to conveniently and safely ship and pick up packages and groceries just in time for the holidays.
How excited are you for the new Union Station Whole Foods?
- 5 - SUPER excited, I have my new favorite spot! (52%, 136 Votes)
- 4 - Excited, I'll be there often (27%, 71 Votes)
- 3 - Happy, I'll occasionally go there. (11%, 29 Votes)
- 2 - Ok, at least we have another option. (5%, 14 Votes)
- 1 - Eh, I don't really care (5%, 12 Votes)
Total Voters: 262
Join the Celebration
We created a Neighborhood FB event to share the joy! Yay, it’s finally here.
Leave a Reply