Tavernetta ReOpens Thursday November 9th
NOTE: Reservations are scheduled to be released TODAY November 8, 2017 at 11:00 AM MST.
We missed it the first time around.
We had our reservations. We were all excited to experience Tavernetta, Union Station’s new Italian Restaurant from Frasca Food and Wine owners Bobby Stuckey and chef Lachlan Mackinnon-Patterson. And then we heard about the fire.
Our hearts broke. Not just for our taste buds, but for the great people behind Tavernetta who had put so much hard work. The space looked beautiful, the reviews from friends and neighbors who had gone were outstanding. Frasca has been a favorite for years and it was so sad to hear their newest project had this happen.
But their team is resilient and dedicated. Which is why their fans are too. And now they are bouncing back with a Re-Opening starting tomorrow. They are so awesome, they began calling those who had to cancel their reservations in the previous weeks to do priority rescheduling. I love these guys.
I also love their food and had a chance to experience Tavernetta last night. It is AWESOME. There’s no better way to say it. Ambiance, service, food, wine… you name it and they knock it out of the park. Every dish, every course, and every delicious bite was heavenly.
So let’s break it down with a few recommendations. I was with a larger group so I had the luxury of trying a lot of items.
- Bread, dipped in olive oil – Perfect and delicious. You expect this from an Italian restaurant and you get it.
- Wagyu Bresaola and Salame Calabrese – Wow, served with the bread and Olive Oil it was the perfect pairing.
- Burrata – Please, this is so perfect it has to be on your appetizer list
- Crudo Misti – I loved it. It was delicate, light, and fresh. A few people were thrown by the Uni however, which is an acquired taste.
- Gnocci with Lamb Ragù and Pecorino – For many this was their favorite pasta. The Gnocci was soft and airy the way it should be.
- Spaghetti alle Vongole with Manila Clam, Garlic and Espelette Pepper – This made me feel like I was back in Italy, on the coast, without a care in the world. It was that good.
- Pollo Girarrosto Rotisserie Chicken, Potato and Greens – Delicious, and requires about 45 minutes to prepare, and worth every second.
- Branzino Grilled European Sea Bass, Fennel, Orange and Escarole – Our fish lovers rejoiced with this dish, but still raved more about the Chicken.
- Manzo – New York Strip and Peperonata. This turned out to be a surprise hit. The steak was so tender, cut in large wide slices, and every bite delicious.
- Tiramisu; Sponge Cake, Espresso, Rum, Mascarpone and Cocoa – And what they don’t tell you in the description is that it is salted on top, which delighted everyone.
As we rolled ourselves out the door we were comforted to know we had more reservations for the upcoming weeks to come back again, and again, and again.
Thank you Tavernetta for such an amazing mastery of food and dining. Make your reservations now and welcome them to the neighborhood.
Address: 1889 16th St, Denver, CO 80202
Phone: (720) 605-1889